Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Supply and The Man

So. Short week this week because of our Thursday game against the Bucs. That means we had Monday practice, which is always horrible. Today, too. I just... I can't.

I haven't eaten anything in days, save for a couple Burgers last night and a few more this morning. My wife tried to cheer me up last night by playing my two favorite movies: "An edited compilation of my four playoff victories including the time I rescued the Pats after Brady went down" and "Evita." Nothing. I'm just... numb, ya know?

I get emails all the time asking me why there is only one Jersey of mine available on the Official Online Cowboys Pro Shop, and why that Jersey is the only one on sale ($69.99 vs. $99.99).

I took an economics course in college (B+) so I can explain this phenomenon pretty easily.

It is beneficial for the store to... put the best jersey's on sale at a lower price. Why? Because when an item is insanely popular, it makes sense to lower the price, so more people can buy it. Does that make sense? Like... it's hard to explain.

For example, my Jersey costs $69.99, Homo's jersey costs $99.99, that means, they are going to sell more of mine because I'm a better player. Does that make sense? It's hard to explain.

Umm... Okay. If there were two Burgers and one cost $11 and one cost $1.99 you assume the cheaper one is more delicious and good and thus you'll want to buy it. Except, that's not a good example because the $11 burger is probably better.

Okay. Oh. However! You wouldn't wanna buy that Burger, right? because its $11. So the same goes for jerseys I think. It's hard to explain. Hold on let me get my notes.

Kay. All right. The reason my Jersey costs $69.99 is because if they lower the cost, the quantity sold, will rise, right? Get that? That's pretty easy. And the reason they want to sell more of my jersey, is because, they are worth more. To them. Get it? It's hard to explain.

Like... If you have two lines and one is supply and the other is demand, the better things are usually cheaper. I guess I can't explain it better than that. You'll have to take my word for it.

And besides, that's not the only Jersey of mine on sale. You can get a customized authentic jersey for $89.99, and you can just order one that says Bledsoe! Sure, the Jersey # is 1, but you can easily add another 1 to that and then technically my Jersey costs $89.99 which is pretty much how much all the other ones cost. So I don't know what y'all are complaining about.

Does that make sense?

It's hard to explain.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drew,

Whats this I keep reading about Romo dating Jessica Simpson? Ever see her around the practice field? She's hot!

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who would want to be seen wearing a Homo jersey? I know in my town you'd be shot dead. It's cool to wear Bledsoe threads here.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My authentic jersey on houstontexans.com is $230. So I don't agree that the better the player the cheaper the jersey. I am envious that you got to play for the Cowboys though. I grew up a Cowboys fan and still am one, did you see my game against them? Of course you did, duh dumb question. Well, you got that win because I AM a Cowboys fan. I made sure of that. While I would love to play for Dallas someday I am happy where I am. You see Drew, in Houston it doesn't matter how well you play. You can pretty much tank for five years and keep your job. I really love Mr. McNair he is such a loyal and generous man. Also, they have a lot of fans just like him. They are always looking at the bright side. Sure, I didn't do enough to beat the Bills on Sunday but I got the NFL consecutive completion record! Have you ever done that Drew? No, didn't think so. Anyway, there's one thing that my old coach Dom Capers taught me. "It's not about the wins as long as you just play well". Fortunately in Houston you don't even have to do that.

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Drew, I really love this Blog stuff! I can add my picture, change my screen name, etc. Did you invent this yourself?

LMAO, I just found out your middle name is "McQueen"! So let me get this straight. The Cowboys have 2 homos playing QB? One is just a straight up homo and the other loves McDonald's? So are you the Queen of McDonald's or something?

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Umm, duh. It's because the people of Dallas obviously want you as the starting quarterback, so they lowered your jersey price so more people will buy them, which translates into more #11 jerseys in the stands. Because of this, Parcells will notice that the fans would rather have Bledsoe because you are obviously superior, and you will be the quarterback.

see? you ARE the best.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Ross McLochness said...

I don't know if Brady has herpes, but he sure as shit has a manpurse

1:52 AM  
Blogger Bob Kraft said...

Brady needs a manpurse to carry his three lombardi trophies, soon to be four.

8:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew-

I had a career day this week and I just wanted to thank you for all your guidance and tutelage over the past couple years. You really taught me game management.

-JP

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jones wants all those Bledsoe #11s cleared out 'cause Homo now wants the double 1s for himself.

#11 - Homo. Nice combo.

No worries, even though you've lost your job and now your jersey, those burgers will always be there for you.

Fire the Fucktard!
http://firethefucktard.blogspot.com

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Parcells is pissing me off. He could have put you in on mop-up duty at the end of today's game, but he didn't. I would have laughed along with you if Homo tripped over his own feet and tore his ACL.

8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that you declined to enter a blow out game. Great move! Homo will think twice about scoring 5 td again.

"There was no point," Bledsoe said. "Tony was playing great. There was no reason to take him out."

7:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Drew. I never thought we'd have a connection, but i, too, love Ace of Base. You'll forever be in my heart from now on.

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew,

I know it has been awhile but if you see Jersey is still selling for top $. Now look on your finger and tell me how many rings you have?
Later Troy

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home