Tuesday, October 24, 2006

It Begins.

I just can't shake the image of that play out of my minds eye.

I woke up this morning in the same bed I woke up yesterday morning. Same physical body, but mentally I am a completely different person. I am a back up. This feeling is oddly familiar.

6 AM, I need to sleep more. I Close my eyes. I take the snap. I see Terry (I call him Terry because we're teammates) make a quick out, running away from me. I can't stand it. I open my eyes. I can't sleep. I toss and turn. If only I can move this well in the pocket. Ha ha. I'm so self deprecating -- but in a good way. I need more rest. I close my eyes.

Terry opens his hands, I release the ball. Tight spiral. Touchdown. We're going into this half with a lead. But then out of nowhere... Sam Fucking Madison appears. I open my eyes. I wonder if Buffalo needs a QB. Losman? More like Lost-Man. Haha. Nice.

6:15 AM. I still can't sleep. You know, I told Jerry before the game. "Should we really paint the endzone the same shade of blue as the Giants uniforms? It can't seem like a good idea to camoflauge their defenders..." He told me not to worry about it. I wonder what that means...I close my eyes.

Sam Madison picks off my, otherwise flawless, pass, tip toes his way outta bounds. One foot in. Two feet in. Shit. Three feet in. Four. Okay stop showing off, dickface, I get it. Five Feet in. I wanna puke.

I don't remember much after that. I know there was a second half. I spent the majority of it sorta glazing off into outer space, mulling over the best way to write my first blog entry. I was a creative writing minor at Washington State, remember.

So this is it. My first of many blog entries. I think it'll keep me entertained and alive... I know I've got pretty much nothing else to live for. I hope you stick around.

Oh, and as for the name, TonyRomo.com was taken, so I just chose this one. Also, that faggot stole my starting job.

2 Comments:

Blogger Matt said...

Dear Drew,
I've honestly never been a big fan. You seem like kind of an asshole, and your play since leaving the Pats is, well, pretty hilariously bad. Sure you've come up with some big plays at times, but the hilarity is in the timing of the horrible decisions and ... I'm sorry. My goal was to say something nice.

I selected you as a fantasy QB this year (after all, the position wasn't supposed to matter, so I took valuable players and then settled for the dregs of the league; plus, you have as good a set of WR on paper as any team in the league, right?). And so far, you weren't so bad, platooning on my team with Jon Kitna (who still has a starting gig in DET, btw). But now, I'm left without at QB during Jon's bye week, because, in my opinion, the Tuna has truly lost it. I honestly feel your pain.

TO has been a problem child (and, he's played like shit) all season, and the Tuna has done nothing but ignore it. You have an otherwise decent half despite being left to the wolves by those should-be-backup offensive lineman, throw one of your trademark picks, and you're benched for the rest of the fantasy season.

I mean, I was going to upgrade and drop you eventually. Let's face it, you're horrible. As an Eagles fan, I was delighted to know that the 'Boys had "upgraded" at WR, had a solid ground game, but still had you to choke in crunch time. But I still can't understand Tunabreath's decision (Brett Favre is not availble in his league, as he is in mine). What good could possibly come from starting the Tony Romo era in the middle of a MNF game against a division rival?

Great blog though, I have to commend you on that.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know what I find amazing?? Some miserable puke has nothing better to do than bag on Tony Romo, so they make up some lame name website and try to pretend they are Bledsoe. Well dumb ass you are as miserable as Drew. Romo will be in Canton before this is all over. You know what is in Canton right?? FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME!!!!!!!! Get a life.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home